https://mecocorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lobster-Rolls-edited.png 1189 2128 Whitney Winter https://mecocorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/meco-logo.png Whitney Winter2019-01-30 18:00:082019-12-11 17:48:44New England Lobster Rolls
New England Lobster Rolls
- Kosher salt
- 4 Large Lobster Tails
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2–3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 New England–style split-top hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Cut the shell with a pair of kitchen shears, but go no further than the tail. With a knife, split the meat along the same path as the shell cut line, being careful not to slice all the way through the lobster.
- Rub the flesh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lobster is grilled over direct medium heat.
- Grill Lobster Tails flesh side down for approximately 5-7 minutes, then flip. Figure another 4-5 minutes after you flip the tail.
- Pick meat from tail and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Mix lobster, celery, lemon juice, chives, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and add more mayonnaise, if desired.
- Spread flat sides of buns with butter. Grill until golden, about 2 minutes per side; fill with lobster mixture.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!