It’s Super Bowl LIII! Time to pick sides, gather friends and family and have all the necessary food for four quarters of the ultimate football showdown. Let’s be perfectly honest; the Super Bowl is about more than just football. It’s about the food too! There is no better way to celebrate this “Winner Take All” championship than with the perfectly grilled menu items below.
Americana Grills is celebrating the Super Bowl with our LA Fish Tacos VS New England Lobster Rolls. Have a delicious grilling showdown regardless of your team, and you will be crowned chef of the game! Get your Americana Grill and let the dual of the dishes begin. You decide what the winner is!
LA Fish Tacos
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless halibut fillet, cut into strips
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- Toss the cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, honey and mayonnaise in a bowl. Season the slaw with salt.
- Warm the tortillas on grill over medium-low heat. Wrap in a towel to keep warm.
- Mix the flour, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl. Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, then grill in batches until golden and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season with salt.
- Halve, pit and slice the avocado. Fill the tortillas with the fish, avocado, slaw and salsa.
- Serve with lime wedges.
New England Lobster Rolls
- Kosher salt
- 4 Large Lobster Tails
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2–3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 New England–style split-top hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Cut the shell with a pair of kitchen shears, but go no further than the tail. With a knife, split the meat along the same path as the shell cut line, being careful not to slice all the way through the lobster.
- Rub the flesh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lobster is grilled over direct medium heat.
- Grill Lobster Tails flesh side down for approximately 5-7 minutes, then flip. Figure another 4-5 minutes after you flip the tail.
- Pick meat from tail and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Mix lobster, celery, lemon juice, chives, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and add more mayonnaise, if desired.
- Spread flat sides of buns with butter. Grill until golden, about 2 minutes per side; fill with lobster mixture.
Follow us on Facebook & Pinterest